Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Contra Loma--Great Googly Moogly


So Da Dog and I headed out to Contra Loma to start working the hills in preparation for the Great Tarantula Run of Ott Eleven.  We were jogging here....  Nice, eh?  :)

Then it started to get a bit more uphill in the climb so I took it down to a walk--a getting-it-done walk, but a walk nonetheless....

Looking back down at whence I came....


Oh thank the good Lord, this hill is almost done... 
(That's Elliott's tail end sticking up out of the grass--not some funky stump.)


Elliott came back to tell me I wasn't at the top yet...
Thought about letting him find his own way home....

Is this the top?  WELL?!?!

 GAH!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh sweet Lord, NO!!!!!

Actually, this is about where I turned to the right (see the trail marker in the middle just off center?) and started heading down.  Yaaaaaaaay.

I think if you look carefully Bertie is just left of center, waiting for us in the parking lot. 
But he's still a mile away....

We were jogging again as soon as we started heading back down--beautiful view, isn't it?

Bertie's closer!!!  It was a hairy jog down the hill as the ground has already done it's summer-time dry cracks so I was watching my feet instead of the scenery.  Thank goodness the rattlers were still asleep....
Elliott was a good boy and was usually only about fifty feet ahead of me.  He started going off trail as we were getting closer to the car--he was a thirsty boy and was hunting water.  We made it back to Bertie, chugged water, and then headed home. 

Wow.  I'm tore back.  Elliott is trying to recover and couldn't even make it to his futon--he had to flop on the new carpet.  I have chores to do but I'm still recovering,  myself.  Plus, I had to do my new hire paperwork for the University of Phoenix.  It's done and faxed in for review.  We're almost there, kids!!!!

Ick.  I need to shower....  }:)

No comments: